welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Exodus
Vampire Robot Dragon

AC: B Where's the love?

Hey what's going on how come nobody is talking about this game?

I got about an hour and a half in and the game started to pick up! All of the reviews made sense after that point. I can't wait to try out the multiplayer on this biotch!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
OldJadedGamer
Old and Jaded.

I'm still debating on this game. I've spent too much money on Kinect right now and the games. I heard it's decent but I don't think for me personally I've had enough of a break from the AC universe.
OldJadedGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
digitalErich
Mathematical!

Amazon is delivering it today. I doubt I'll get to it anytime soon though. As cool as it seems on paper, the MP just doesn't interest me for some reason and the SP will still be there in a month.

If people come into this thread raving about how awesome the MP is, I might dig into the game earlier, though.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
Philonious
Colonist

Mine is in the mail and will hopefully be here by the end of the week. Of course I still have my hands full with Fallout: NV and Fable 3... Stupid publishers releasing sequels to my favourite games within a few weeks of each other.
Philonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
jpublic
Threadslayer

Not getting this one until it hits PC.

"The closest they came [to] Platonic ideas is [using] two paper plates for lunch." --Pale Ale
jpublic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Purps and I have been talking about it for weeks actually. I am going to hit up MP tonight or tomorrow if he does.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
Vigil80
Colonist

On the way from Amazon. I'm interested in the multiplayer, but moreso in the singleplayer. I really like the Assassin's Creed story, and I'm anxious to see the continuation.
Vigil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
AgtFox
Founder

It's the next game on my review docket, hopefully have something by early next week (have a busy weekend, not sure I can finish it before Friday).

BROTHERHOOD!
AgtFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Hey what's going on how come nobody is talking about this game?
I've been to busy playing The game is awesome so awesome I don't want to talk to much about the beginning since it needs to be played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
Purps and I have been talking about it for weeks actually. I am going to hit up MP tonight or tomorrow if he does.
Ok, my memory is truly poor. I know we were talking about AC 2 and your head banging but i'm lost on this version talking about it. And I don't remember knowing about the MP. Well i'll certainly look for you for some MP though

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
Widgetcraft
A *** in the machine.

I have yet to play an AC game... I mean to get around to it, but never do.
Follow me on Twitter!
Widgetcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

For those who have already dove into the SP game.... How is it? Play similar to AC2? Do you have to have finished AC2 to have an idea of what's going on?

I'm not sure the MP aspect of the game is of much interest to me, but enjoyed most of AC2 until I had to return the game before completing it.
Personal attacks start when the other person isn't living up to my expectations of them.
Wackman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
Farsight
DON'T FIGHT IT!

Gamefly delivers mine tomorrow. I bought and enjoyed AC2 much more than 1, and this one sounds like it has some cool new features, so my hopes are high. I'm just a bit worried that it'll be too soon to dive back into that gameplay. AC1 bored me very quickly, and AC2 ended at just the right length to avoid doing the same. Hopefully they'll have a story that can match the last game's and more variety in the world to keep things fresh.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
Narradisall
Cookies

I'm pretty sure my girl picked it up for me so I can't go out and buy it till Christmas.

Hell, I've got such a huge backlog I doubt I will get round to this until new year at this rate anyway.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #14
digitalErich
Mathematical!

Ok, so I read some reviews of the MP side that went into a little more detail and color me interested. If you're going to be playing MP later in the week (out of town tomorrow and Thurs) add me on XBL.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic Machine View Post
I have yet to play an AC game... I mean to get around to it, but never do.
AC 1 isn't perfect. You have to be a bit forgiving depending on your gamer temperament. AC 2 fixes those things and will make you swoon (or should IMO )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackman3000 View Post
For those who have already dove into the SP game.... How is it? Play similar to AC2? Do you have to have finished AC2 to have an idea of what's going on?
I think you will enjoy it more if you finish off AC 2. It gives enough detail that you don't but...I like the emotional rush of the opening where it went. But just my two cents. You might go pick this up and not feel you needed to finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
Gamefly delivers mine tomorrow. I bought and enjoyed AC2 much more than 1, and this one sounds like it has some cool new features, so my hopes are high. I'm just a bit worried that it'll be too soon to dive back into that gameplay. AC1 bored me very quickly, and AC2 ended at just the right length to avoid doing the same. Hopefully they'll have a story that can match the last game's and more variety in the world to keep things fresh.
If you liked the story for AC2 then you will like this game. It picks up exactly where you left off. And what a beginning it is.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #16
Farsight
DON'T FIGHT IT!

Eurogamer = 10/10

Damn, this could be an expensive rental!

At least w/ Gamefly I can keep a never-before-rented game for $35-$40. Crap, I'm already rationalizing...
Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
Superman's Dead
And Loving Every Minute

Send a message via AIM to Superman's Dead
Oh man. My roommate got a copy, and it's pretty awesome. He says that with all of the improvements to the combat he already can't imagine going back to AC2, and he's only played it one day.

I played me some multiplayer, and it's the first time competitive MP has hooked me. It's strategic, fun, and exciting. The rush of knowing exactly where your target is, trying to corner them in a place where you can't be seen, running and hiding from your pursuers...

I went on an extended escape sequence, running from someone who was super close to killing me. I managed to avoid assassination until my Disguise power re-upped, I jumped over a wall and hit it which changed my appearance. I started walking casually in a new direction, positive I had escaped attention. Then a doctor walked right up to me and stabbed me in the chest.

This game is great, because anyone who keeps killing you is just good at what they do. There are very few cheap kills, there's just you knowing that you could be a better assassin.

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to counter assassination. If there is, I haven't seen it yet, but there have been a few times when I was sure that I had run far enough away to avoid getting my throat cut out but the game said they got me. That's my only complaint. I'm thinking of going to play more now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I'm just going to hate everyone, to be safe.
PSN: clarkkentsdead
Superman's Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
Jason
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigil80 View Post
On the way from Amazon. I'm interested in the multiplayer, but moreso in the singleplayer. I really like the Assassin's Creed story, and I'm anxious to see the continuation.
I'm in the same boat. Should be here tomorrow. Thankfully I'm off work the next two days.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #19
Superman's Dead
And Loving Every Minute

Send a message via AIM to Superman's Dead
From what Caped Crusader has told me, the singleplayer is similar to Saboteur in that there's a lot of stuff you can do on your way from mission to mission, business to handle, things that can help you out and make stuff easier. And looks really badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I'm just going to hate everyone, to be safe.
PSN: clarkkentsdead
Superman's Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #20
Lance Uppercut
hurf durf

Between Blops and EA MMA, I completely forgot about this game until I came home and found it in the mail. I think I'll have plenty of games to play through next year now. I can't wait to try this out.
Lance Uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote