welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #41
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Oh. Well the reviews are starting to come in. I guess I should have expected them from what I played but I wasn't expecting some of the lower scores. Yoinkes. Some rated it pretty high. I think this one is going to be a polarizing game thats for sure.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #42
Iron Past
Clem - shhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
I think this one is going to be a polarizing game thats for sure.
Been the case with every Fable game, not much of a surprise. I really like all the changes I've read about, whether the reviewer did or not.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #43
Savok
Vulcan Rage!

A lot of it is hatred for Peter, since he's constantly going on about overly ambitious shit that never happens, moronic fanboy journalists get all excited at the prospect of a new shiny piece of tin foil and then get angry when denied. Just ignore anything he says and the games are quite enjoyable... well 2 was anyway, 1 the writing was so bad it just drowned everything else in an ocean of shit. But 1 gave us the foundation for 2 so it worked out well.
Savok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #44
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Past View Post
Been the case with every Fable game, not much of a surprise. I really like all the changes I've read about, whether the reviewer did or not.
Not really. Most of the time they are rated high or somewhat high and we little peeps bitch and moan. THAT IS NORMAL But to see a 5 out of 10 next to a 9 out of 10, next to a 2 out of 10. Well that's going to cause the kind of arguments I just know and love I mean you always have the site that does a low score on purpose to get hits. But it seems like people truly are lost in how to review this.

All I know is I am going to impregnate any of my friends who have female characters.

Last edited by Karak; 10-25-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #45
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok View Post
A lot of it is hatred for Peter, since he's constantly going on about overly ambitious shit that never happens, moronic fanboy journalists get all excited at the prospect of a new shiny piece of tin foil and then get angry when denied. Just ignore anything he says and the games are quite enjoyable... well 2 was anyway, 1 the writing was so bad it just drowned everything else in an ocean of shit. But 1 gave us the foundation for 2 so it worked out well.
That should be the rule for every single game. Ignore the dev's. They all lie and blow things out of proportion. Some do it from excitement, others do it to get any kind of attention they can. I try to just look at features.

Fuck I love some terrible games

Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #46
Troggles
[NSFW]

Quote:
That should be the rule for every single game. Ignore the dev's. They all lie and blow things out of proportion. Some do it from excitement, others do it to get any kind of attention they can. I try to just look at features.

Fuck I love some terrible games
I'm guessing they all do it because talking bad about your own product is generally a stupid thing to do.
3DS FC: 3781-0398-9126
Troggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #47
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troggles View Post
I'm guessing they all do it because talking bad about your own product is generally a stupid thing to do.
I don't think anyone here said anything about talking bad or good. In fact we were talking about actually saying factually unrealistic or untrue things. Thats a far cry from saying.
"Our game is bad."

Last edited by Karak; 10-25-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #48
Vigil80
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by National Kato View Post
The entirety of the review is positive, save for the one-button combat mechanic (which is a Fable staple that I don't mind)...
I never played Fable for the combat. If it's similar to the previous ones, I'm fine with it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by National Kato View Post
...and the graphics...

You know what? I'm playing Fallout: NV right now and I'm fine with the graphics. If gameplay and consequence is strong, as it seems to be from that review, I'm going to love it.
New Vegas is a lot of things, but ugly? Nah. Just that tells me I'm free to disregard the guy's review.
Vigil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:04 AM   #49
menage
Praise the sun!

Fable's combat is fun for me. If I want real combat there's tons of dojo action games at the moment. And Fab 2 looked great to me, so if it's like that I'm happy. It may not have the highest poly count or whatnot but it's the atmosphere which sucks me in, just like Fallout

PSN: Menage00
Steam: Menage00
Soundcloud
menage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:13 AM   #50
Savok
Vulcan Rage!

Also lesbian orgies, those never hurt.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:30 AM   #51
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Not really. Most of the time they are rated high or somewhat high and we little peeps bitch and moan. THAT IS NORMAL But to see a 5 out of 10 next to a 9 out of 10, next to a 2 out of 10. Well that's going to cause the kind of arguments I just know and love I mean you always have the site that does a low score on purpose to get hits. But it seems like people truly are lost in how to review this.
I guess i'm self centered when it comes to reviews. I really don't give a shit about them. Ever. I know they are important to the publisher/dev since there are tons of people who rely on them which is sad. It's even more sad to think a site likes to give extreme scores to get hits. But I usually stay far from the fray of who reviews games poorly. I'll just go play the game and enjoy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak
All I know is I am going to impregnate any of my friends who have female characters.
You can try. But I know your wily charm. It's going to take more than that mr. charmer to get me in bed with you. You sir have a rep

I don't think you are on my friends list. I'll have to add you.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:58 AM   #52
bapenguin
Community Relations

My review is up - http://www.co-optimus.com/review/599...op-review.html

I find the game the best in the series - and I think it truly asks players to make some tough decisions - think the end of of Fable 2 on a much grander scale. Overall though, the game is much simpler to be more accessible, so there's less customization and tweaking - but in exchange for a lot more content.
Community Relations : Colony of Gamers
bapenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:03 AM   #53
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

Is it even coming out on the PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #54
Shieldmaiden
Social Justice Cleric

Two things about Fable reviews and stuff that really wind me up. Firstly, I'd like to see examples of features promised for either two or three that didn't make it in. Molyneux doesn't talk about stuff that isn't in the game and functioning. MS have got him locked down so tight they're only one step away from having a sniper with tranq darts trained on him at all times in case he says something he shouldn't and I'm not even 100% sure they haven't taken that step yet. (Reports that he has mouthed "Help me" during interviews and passed messages written on napkins and beer mats to journalists are, as yet, unconfirmed.)

The other one is people going on about "one button combat" like you literally only press one button. That's true for melee on it's own, but last time I checked you had ranged and magic as well. I know a lot of people don't like it, I found it relaxing, rather than dull, but if you're going to criticise something, do it properly and not with bullshit.

Put the sexy back in large wholesale slaughter!
Shieldmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #55
Widgetcraft
A *** in the machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelegacy View Post
Fable 2 looked like Fable 1.
The problem may be that you are blind; just a thought.
Follow me on Twitter!
Widgetcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #56
Savok
Vulcan Rage!

Actually one thing that didn't make it that was talked about was an online auction system for selling weapons to other players. Not much of a loss (though it'd make the 50 legendary weapons achievement easier), still.

I like the combat, it's very simple but seems to suit the game where the emphasis is on the adventure rather then the combat itself, which is really only there as flavour. Of course it still pushed you at times, like with the Spire enemies and some of the DLC.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #57
Savok
Vulcan Rage!

Side note: Holy shit the trolls are out in full force, everywhere I look (not talking about here) it's just a wave of venom from people who haven't even played the game.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:21 AM   #58
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJonno View Post
Two things about Fable reviews and stuff that really wind me up. Firstly, I'd like to see examples of features promised for either two or three that didn't make it in. Molyneux doesn't talk about stuff that isn't in the game and functioning. MS have got him locked down so tight they're only one step away from having a sniper with tranq darts trained on him at all times in case he says something he shouldn't and I'm not even 100% sure they haven't taken that step yet. (Reports that he has mouthed "Help me" during interviews and passed messages written on napkins and beer mats to journalists are, as yet, unconfirmed.)

The other one is people going on about "one button combat" like you literally only press one button. That's true for melee on it's own, but last time I checked you had ranged and magic as well. I know a lot of people don't like it, I found it relaxing, rather than dull, but if you're going to criticise something, do it properly and not with bullshit.
I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. Payment in the form of lots of beer. Please PM me your address

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #59
Narradisall
Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok View Post
Side note: Holy shit the trolls are out in full force, everywhere I look (not talking about here) it's just a wave of venom from people who haven't even played the game.
Fable games have always been polarizing.

I've enjoyed both, and from what I've read I think I will enjoy this one.

People hate the game, and people also hate Peter, so Fable is always a hate target. I wouldn't say its the most groundbreaking series, but to me its been a good fun run around adventure game.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #60
Savok
Vulcan Rage!

Indeed, but this is beyond normal, they've drowned out everything else.

Also I've decided I need Karak to fill my vagina... for the achievement, of course.